Monday, August 17, 2009

Runnin & Military

PT.
So running again today - by the ocean. It was beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of 0600, but it sure beats running in the heat of the day in Tampa. We did about 3 miles - and since we're running every day, its getting easier.
As we were approaching the end of the run, and right on the ocean, I heard some 'squawking' - looking up I saw a group of about 10 - 12 parrots of some sort sitting on the power line preening & just hanging out. How cool - to see parrots in the wild. Tampa is a cool city.
Something new, at least for me, is being deployed apart from Jory. We got engaged a week before I left for Tampa - and its been a tough 2 weeks. I miss her like crazy - and I thank God every day for Skype. We can talk and see each other, which is truly a blessing. Even better is when she gets to come visit. This is going to be a tough 8 months.

_________
Wes
wes.bass@gmail.com
www.FretlessBassist.com
www.InnerSiege.com
http://strangebass.blogspot.com

Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment