Monday, January 21, 2008

Latrine

The bathrooms here – not called cadillacs, like they had been at “the Deid” – they were just restrooms. Each one was the same size ‘trailer’ size that our rooms were – only there was a door halfway back. The front had two sit downs, two urinals, and a sink. The back had 4 sinks, 4 mirrors, 2 showers, and a 250 gallon water heater. It was huge – absolutely the largest water heater I had seen, ever. The showers are tiny, though. It seemed as if there was barely enough room inside to stand. Again, make due – it’s not for long, I reminded myself.

I decided to set myself up showering at night and shaving in the morning. Since I had cut my hair pretty close before I left – there was nothing to brush in the morning. Also, having a heavy beard as I do, shaving at night wouldn’t work – or I would be shaving twice a day, which I had no desire to do. So my first night I went and showered around 8 or 9. This seemed fine as the bathroom wasn’t too busy. So I had myself a schedule. I went back to the room, relaxed a bit with my iPod and was off to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. With both of us having daughters bro see if you can bring us back one of those hot water heaters. I am sick of cold showers do to her. LOL

    Machine Gun Kevo

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I forgot "Latrine" is going to be my sons field name as he stops to "MARK" about every tree when we are out doing airsoft manuvers. LOL

    At least he isn't as bad as you when the band travels. LOL Had to put that in there after all. : )

    Machine Gun Kevo

    ReplyDelete